来自中国的主厨
上QQ阅读APP看本书,新人免费读10天
设备和账号都新为新人

第71章

“Oh, I am the owner of the bar.”(我是这个酒吧的老板)

“Oh, Okay.”(哦,好吧。)

“Why are you here?”(你为什么在这里?)

“Oh, I have a crush on Alex.”(我在追袁子杰。)

“Wow, you're popular among the girls!I am so surprised! What happened when you were in school.“(哇,你女人缘还是很好的!我没想到!你在学校怎么没这样?)林悦欣看着袁子杰,半开玩笑的说到,眨了眨眼睛。

“People value different things when they grow up.”(人长大了追求的东西就不一样了。)袁子杰认真的回答道,“When they are young, the superficial stuff is extremely important, however when they grow older, the internal things are more and more important. Plus I never showed that my family was rich.”(当他们年轻的时候,外在的东西很重要,但是当他们长大后,内在的东西就越来越重要了。而且,我从来没有表现我的家里比较有钱。)然后袁子杰自嘲的笑笑。

“Have you changed?“(你变了吗?)林悦欣问道。

“I haven't.”(我没有。)

林悦欣陷入了沉思。

“Alex, what's so good about being a chef?“(袁子杰,做厨师有什么好?)

“It's my passion. It's something that I was always good at.“(这是我的热爱。而且,做菜是我一直很厉害的点。)

“But isn't sitting in the office more comfortable. The heat is unbearable.“(但坐在办公室很舒服,不是吗?厨房里的热气真的忍受不了。)

“I mean you can be an intern at Nathan's company, try it out!“(你可以去你的表哥公司实习一下。试试看。)

“I don't want to.“(我不想。)

“Gain some social experience. It will benefit you in all sorts of ways.“(增加一点社会经验。这会帮你的。)

“I don't know what I want to do, plus I don't need to work.“(我不知道我要做什么。我不需要工作。)

“I don't need to work either. What you should do though is to prove that you are valuable. I bet you don't want to be a housewife for the rest of your life and rely completely on your husband.”(我也不需要工作。但是,你应该证明自己的价值。我相信你不想一辈子当一个家庭主妇,然后完全靠着你的老公吧!)

“Well, I don't know.“(我不知道。)

“Let me guess. Because you haven't seen a role model.”(让我猜猜,你没有看到过一个榜样。)

“Yeah.“(是的。)

“Then look at her. She is learning and working her ass off. Her father is damn rich,Do you understand?“(你看看她。她很努力的学习和工作。但是她的父亲很有钱。你明白吗?)

Anna陷入了沉思。

“You are such a great educator.“(你是一个很好的教育者。)林悦欣笑着看着袁子杰。

“Well, sometimes we need a little guidance.”(我们有时候需要一点指点。)

“Have you?“(你有过吗?)

“Yeah, you've guided me with Mr Murray.“(有过啊,是你和穆雷老师指点的我。)

“Wow, I am honored.“(我的荣幸。)

这时候袁子杰又转过去对Anna准备来一个杀人诛心。“If you really have a crush on me, then I would much rather you to say I created this this and that. I like you so you come with me. If you don't achieve anything, yeah I might find you attractive when you are young. What if we both age, then what do you have?“(如果你真的喜欢我,那我更希望你说,老娘创造了这个这个和那个。老娘喜欢你,你得和我走。如果你什么成就都没有,你年轻时候我可能喜欢你因为你貌美,但是你老了呢?你什么都没有了。)